[vtk-developers] Rendering scalar data with NaNs

Scott, W Alan wascott at sandia.gov
Mon Aug 23 18:36:44 EDT 2010

What would happen if the following occurs (real problem I worked on a few weeks ago) - a user wants to model a exhaust plume from a power plant.  The model does not go down to the ground.  The user then wanted to plot with line from OUTSIDE of this space , through this space, and out the other side (which ended up partially filled with nans - I am not sure if by ParaView, or his simulation code).  Would all of this data have color now, or would it stay transparent?

Alan