[vtk-developers] New header file Wrapping/vtkParseType.h

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 11:30:29 EDT 2010

There were no comments about my changes to the wrappers so I went
ahead and pushed them.  So if anyone found vtkWrapPython.c to be
completely incomprehensible before, they should find the code to be a
little bit friendlier now.

In the longer term, I'm looking at how the wrappers can be made to
handle special types (with vtkVariant being the favorite).  The
wrappers used to handle special types fairly well, many years ago, but
support for special types fell by the wayside when vtkObjectBase was
introduced.  Last night I did some work to resurrect the old
special-type handling code with good results.

Of course one of my reasons for cleaning up the code is that I'm
always paranoid that someone is going to replace the existing wrappers
with "new, improved" wrappers that will never be as good as what we
have now...

   David