[vtk-developers] Stupid git question #1

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Apr 27 16:19:08 EDT 2010

Maybe you should preface your response with "Stupid git *answer* #1"

Think of it like this, everyone: with cvs, *checkout* and *commit* were
"communicate with the server" commands. Now with git, they are "communicate
with the local repository" commands.

checkout and commit are both now completely local operations. It's
fetch/pull and push that go back-and-forth over the wire now.