[vtk-developers] Stupid git question #1

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Apr 27 16:08:06 EDT 2010

no confusion, checkout will restore a file from the repository.

[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% fif "*.txt" Lorensen
./Copyright.txt:Copyright (c) 1993-2008 Ken Martin, Will Schroeder,
Bill Lorensen
./Copyright.txt: * Neither name of Ken Martin, Will Schroeder, or Bill
Lorensen nor the names
./Utilities/Doxygen/authors.txt:lorensen: Lorensen, Bill (lorensen at crd.ge.com)
./Utilities/EncodeString/CMakeLists.txt:# Copyright (c) Ken Martin,
Will Schroeder, Bill Lorensen
./Utilities/HashSource/CMakeLists.txt:# Copyright (c) Ken Martin, Will
Schroeder, Bill Lorensen
./Utilities/ParseOGLExt/CMakeLists.txt:# Copyright (c) Ken Martin,
Will Schroeder, Bill Lorensen
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% rm Copyright.txt
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% rm Utilities/Doxygen/authors.txt
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% rm Utilities/EncodeString/CMakeLists.txt
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% rm Utilities/HashSource/CMakeLists.txt
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% rm Utilities/ParseOGLExt/CMakeLists.txt
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% fif "*.txt" Lorensen
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% git checkout Copyright.txt
[kargad:devel/ParaView/VTK] demarle% fif "*.txt" Lorensen
./Copyright.txt:Copyright (c) 1993-2008 Ken Martin, Will Schroeder,
Bill Lorensen
./Copyright.txt: * Neither name of Ken Martin, Will Schroeder, or Bill
Lorensen nor the names

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer