[vtk-developers] [Paraview-developers] New git commit hooks

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Mon Apr 26 08:54:10 EDT 2010

I've come across a workflow issue that should be added to the Git wiki
page.  To keep all patches in the correct order, I need to do "git
pull" before every "git commit".  Even though the commits are local,
if I do them out-of-order with the changes to the origin/master then
my push is rejected.

By reflexively doing a "pull" before every "commit", it looks like I
can keep a very simple workflow that is almost identical to the old
cvs workflow.

  David