[vtk-developers] New git commit hooks

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 10:43:42 EDT 2010

I have a quick question about commit messages.  The pre-commit hook
tells me that the first line of the commit message must be 78 chars or
less, and the second line must be blank.

So how should commit messages be structured?  A short descriptive
line, followed by a blank line, followed optionally by one or two
sentences giving details of the change?

   David