[vtk-developers] PCoords Chart hovering axis labels?

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Wed Apr 14 15:20:14 EDT 2010

Hey Marcus,

Tomorrow I'll open bug reports / feature requests on these two recent issues and send you the links, just so you know where they are.

For now, though, I was playing around with the PC chart in ParaView and had another idea that you might want to consider: Right now selections generate an ID list. When you're looking at a time-dependent data set, then, the red selection lines in the PC chart are animated along with the other views when you hit "play", showing how the quantities associated with these IDs change over time. Another useful option would be to keep the range of the original box(es) constant, which would generate a query-type selection, so you could monitor which points or cells exhibit that attribute range. Right now queries can't be chained, which would be necessary to correspond to a multi-axis selection in the PC chart, but I think Utkarsh said this is on the horizon. I don't know how exactly this would work since query-based selections seem to be a ParaView-only thing for now, but I think it would be a nice feature which would fit in well with the parallel coordinates paradigm.

Oh, and thanks for implementing the PC array selection in the Display tab -- it's _much_ more useful now!

Talk to you later,
-Eric