[vtk-developers] vtkInteractorStyleFlight for linux

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 12:00:55 EDT 2010

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 11:41 AM, Biddiscombe, John A. <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:
> David
>
>> I agree that it shouldn't exist in a broken state, but maybe it should
>> be fixed instead of removed? I think it would be nice to be able to
>> fly/walk through a scene using the arrow keys.
>
> Agreed. But I don't have time to fix it. If you want to have a crack at it, please do. It ought to be simple, but as I recall, Will added an InteractorStyleTerrain which was very similar and worked properly ... maybe some combining would suffice.
>
> JB

I didn't notice that the KeyUp had the same windows vs linux issue -
this at least gets it doing something reasonable:

http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/Flight/

Maybe you could commit this so at least the placeholder is gone, and
then we can work on the actual functionality as we have time?

Thanks,

David