[vtk-developers] Add FindCell(double[3]) to vtkImageData

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Mon Apr 12 18:56:00 EDT 2010

After some discussion with David Gobbi on the users list, we have
decided that it seems reasonable to add a function

vtkImageData::FindCell(double[3])

which calls the more complex:
virtual vtkIdType       FindCell (double x[3], vtkCell *cell, vtkIdType
cellId, double tol2, int &subId, double pcoords[3], double *weights)

with some reasonable defaults.

Here are the files with the new function FindCell(double[3])
http://www.rpi.edu/~doriad/VTK_List/FindCell/

It works, but I get this warning:

In file included from /home/doriad/src/VTK/Filtering/vtkUniformGrid.cxx:15:
/home/doriad/src/VTK/Filtering/vtkImageData.h:69: warning: ‘virtual
vtkIdType vtkImageData::FindCell(double*)’ was hidden
/home/doriad/src/VTK/Filtering/vtkUniformGrid.h:55: warning:   by
‘vtkUniformGrid::FindCell’

After some googling it looked like there is indeed something that can
be done to fix this, but I don't understand exactly what is happening.

Please take a look at these files and let us know what you think.

Thanks,

David D.