[vtk-developers] Parallel coordinates chart looking nice

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Fri Apr 2 11:21:07 EDT 2010

On Friday 02 April 2010 10:06:37 Eric E. Monson wrote:
> Hey Marcus,
>
> Just wanted to drop you a line to say the initial parallel coordinates
> chart you've worked up looks really nice! Hadn't noticed it until
> yesterday.
>
> I'm glad you're starting with that type of selection mode ("and" type on
> the axes) -- I think it's the most useful. If you had the selections wired
> into the AnnotationLink stuff I think I'd start using it today!
>
> Although, just so you know, the red selection rectangles don't handle
> window resizing well (they float up and out of the view if you "shorten"
> the window in the Y-dir) and there's a strange thing where if you resize
> the window so it's really wide but short, the axis labels start to run up
> in value so they're soon huge... :)  (I'll attach a screen shot.)
>
> Talk to you later,
> -Eric

Hi Eric,

How did you know what I was working on today? ;-) Berk is very eager for me to
get the parallel coordinates into ParaView, with selection linking. I have
some changes I am almost ready to push, just working out a few more kinks. So
I am hopeful that you will also find this work useful once I push it.

I fear if I do not push these changes into CVS today then I will have no
weekend off to get myself a BBQ...

Marcus
--
Marcus D. Hanwell, Ph.D.