[vtk-developers] Add FindCell(double[3]) to vtkImageData

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Tue Apr 13 12:15:27 EDT 2010

Hi David,

The reason you're getting the compiler warning is that the FindCell that
you've declared in the derived class hides the virtual FindCell class in the
base class because they have the same name but different signatures.  You'd
have to do something like imageData->Superclass::FindCell(x, cell,
cellId,...); in order to call the base class directly or play around with
the derived class definition.

Read http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq-lite/strange-inheritance.html#faq-23.9for
more info.

With all this said, you'll want to rename your simplified FindCell function.

Andy