[vtk-developers] VTK-carbon on OS X 10.6

David Gobbi david.gobbi at gmail.com
Wed Sep 30 09:26:13 EDT 2009

Here is a follow-up on the fixes to vtkTkRenderWidget under OSX 10.6.
Even after my previous compile fix, the RenderWidget wasn't rendering
into the correct rectangle of its parent window.  I traced this to the
fact that the new tk uses HIShape to get proper subwindows, so the old
hack-ish use of tkMacOSX private headers to get the RenderWindow
position offset is obsolete.

So, I've committed a new RenderWidget to cvs that uses a subwindow and
only applies the offset hack for tk < 8.4.17.  Fortunately someone
already modified vtkCarbonRenderWindow to use HIShape, so this was all
that was needed.

This gets the tkRenderWidget working properly on tk 8.4 with OS X
10.6, but it doesn't fix the binding problem with tk 8.5.

   David