[vtk-developers] Qt label rendering

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Fri Sep 25 15:48:31 EDT 2009

Hi all,

I just wanted to give an update about the text rendering capabilities
in VTK. I and others (notably Jason Shepherd and David Thompson from
Sandia National Labs) have been working on text rendering with Qt
layered on top of the render window as an alternative to the FreeType
rendering currently supported. Qt rendering supports rotation and
Unicode characters, among other things. The wiki page

http://www.kitware.com/InfovisWiki/index.php/Labels

describes the current state of the system. In particular we just did
some preliminary comparison timing (near the end of the page). Most of
the features are in VTK CVS, with the rest to be committed soon.

Jeff

--
Jeff Baumes, Ph.D.
R&D Engineer, Kitware Inc.