[vtk-developers] Considering a branch for n-way array statistics

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Fri Oct 30 17:50:36 EDT 2009

Hello Tim,

You broke HeaderTesting-Common.

Two ways to fix it:
1. You manage to change the included files, or add a comment at the
end of the lines. For the lines with non-portable include(s), you have
to use "// STL Header" as a comment.
2. or you list vtkTryDowncast.h in the exclusion list for
HeaderTesting-Common in VTK/Common/Testing/CMakeLists.txt.

Regards.

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Timothy M. Shead <tshead at sandia.gov> wrote:
> Fabian, Nathan wrote:
>
>> Being reminded again that git is a trivial solution to the issue of
>> branching.  I have done so.
>>
>> If you would like to take a look at the in progress n-way array addition
>> to the statistics filters, find it at
>> http://github.com/ndfabia/VTK
>>
>> If you decide to test anything, please let me know how it goes.
>
> Nathan:
>
> I've put vtkTryDowncast() into usable form, it's located in
> VTK/Common/vtkTryDowncast.h - give it a shot.  Note that you will have to
> have Boost to use it, my assumption is that if anyone objects to a
> dependency on Boost typelists, we can always replace them in an
> API-compatible way.
>
> Cheers,
> Tim

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive