[vtk-developers] Overview Question (Again)

Jerry Clarke clarke at arl.army.mil
Mon Oct 19 08:27:55 EDT 2009

If this is the wrong list to post this question, let me know.
But I need to get this working.

---------------------------------

http://www.sandia.gov/OverView/index.htm says to use this list for
questions so ....

I'm trying use TableToGraph in OverView. I can use it successfully on
CSV files with numeric data but run into trouble with string data. For
example :

Vertex file :

"Title", "Id", "Value"
"Jerry", 0, 1.0
"Clarke", 1, 2.0
"Acc", 2, 100.0
"Cse", 3, 200.0

Edge File :

"From", "FromId", "To", "ToId"
"Jerry", 0, "Cse", 3
"Jerry", 0, "Acc", 2

I can create a graph using FromId and ToId but not From and To.

Perhaps a related issue, when I read in the CSV I get the error :

Generic Warning: In
/home/clarke/ParaView3/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMPropertyHelper.cxx,
line 82
Failed to locate property: Attribute

Generic Warning: In
/home/clarke/ParaView3/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMPropertyHelper.cxx,
line 451
Call not supported for the current property type.

All columns seem to load but the warning may point to something.
I'm using the 0.7 version from CVS.

Thanks

Jerry