[vtk-developers] Slider Widget enhancement for integral values

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 13:30:08 EST 2009

> I have seen those examples being added to the wiki recently. I have
> two comments:
>
> - I thought you were required to attach a VTK prefix to the wiki page,
> to avoid collision with other projects hosted on the same mediawiki
> server (itk, cmake, batchmake...)
> - What is the point of adding examples, that do not compile on a
> nightly basis ? (Motto: If it is not tested it is not working...)
>
> Sorry if this sound negative, I am just concerned on how best to use
> such contribution in the long term.
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Mathieu

Mathieu,

I didn't realize there was a prefix naming convention/requirement in
place. Looking through the rest of the VTK wiki, there seems to be
three methods in use:
1) Wiki/VTK/Something
2) Wiki/VTK_Something
3) Wiki/VTKSomething

I'd be happy to change all of the examples to conform with which ever
is the chosen "correct" method.

I would love to see the examples regression tested. I've asked on many
occasions for either a separate repository VTKExamples (similar to
VTKData - where it is not required to check them out with the main
VTK) or for them to be allowed in the main source tree VTK/Examples/.
I agree that regression testing is a must for them to remain useful in
the long term. It would be nice, though, to have a way to still
display them on the website so that when users google for keywords
they could still find them. Another option is to simply say "please
see VTK/Examples for many demonstrations of VTK basics" on the
website.

What are you thoughts on these options?

Thanks,

David