[vtk-developers] Slider Widget enhancement for integral values

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 12:45:18 EST 2009

Hi Bill,

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 5:43 PM, Bill Lorensen <bill.lorensen at gmail.com> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> David Doria and I recently added an example on the wiki to illustrate
> the 3D slider widget.
>
> http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/Slider#Slider.cxx
> I'm looking for comments/suggestions on the functionality and name choice.

I have seen those examples being added to the wiki recently. I have
two comments:

- I thought you were required to attach a VTK prefix to the wiki page,
to avoid collision with other projects hosted on the same mediawiki
server (itk, cmake, batchmake...)
- What is the point of adding examples, that do not compile on a
nightly basis ? (Motto: If it is not tested it is not working...)

Sorry if this sound negative, I am just concerned on how best to use
such contribution in the long term.

Thanks,
--
Mathieu