[vtk-developers] VTK/Examples/Infovis/Python/labels.py issues (Was Re: unicode stuff in VTK)

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 11:10:39 EST 2009

On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Jeff Baumes <jeff.baumes at kitware.com> wrote:
>> 1. When you set strategy to vtkFreeTypeLabelRenderStrategy, unicode
>> stops working (french character are not displayed as expected on my
>> linux/ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 box).
>
> This is a main reason the Qt render strategy was made: the older
> freetype one in VTK does not support unicode.

I must have missed the discussion. What is hard to patch in this class
to get UNICODE working ?

>> $ python labels.py
>> ERROR: In /home/mathieu/Kitware/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx, line 59
>> vtkOpenGLTexture (0x24eb840): PBO should have been deleted in
>> ReleaseGraphicsResources()
>
> This looks like a nastier bug that could be related to your system
> setup. When does this error appear? Does it cause a crash? It could
> also be related to the order that things are being deleted from
> python.

Hum, actually if you play with the demo and the quit (hit 'q'). Then
everything is ok. Simply start this on your side:

$ vtkpython ./Examples/Infovis/Python/labels.py

and hit 'q' without touching the scene (with the mouse).

HTH
--
Mathieu