[vtk-developers] VTK/Examples/Infovis/Python/labels.py issues (Was Re: unicode stuff in VTK)

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Nov 17 10:45:00 EST 2009

> This script looks great ! I played with it (see attached script). But
> it does not seems to be working for me.
>
> 1. When you set strategy to vtkFreeTypeLabelRenderStrategy, unicode
> stops working (french character are not displayed as expected on my
> linux/ LANG=en_US.UTF-8 box).

This is a main reason the Qt render strategy was made: the older
freetype one in VTK does not support unicode.

> 2. When you revert to vtkQtLabelRenderStrategy (rendering works as
> expected), I get a :
>
> $ python labels.py
> ERROR: In /home/mathieu/Kitware/VTK/Rendering/vtkOpenGLTexture.cxx, line 59
> vtkOpenGLTexture (0x24eb840): PBO should have been deleted in
> ReleaseGraphicsResources()

This looks like a nastier bug that could be related to your system
setup. When does this error appear? Does it cause a crash? It could
also be related to the order that things are being deleted from
python.

Jeff