[vtk-developers] Too many gradient filters

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Mon Nov 9 13:27:06 EST 2009

At the request to look at the Dashboard, I noticed that a new gradient filter, vtkDataSetGradient, has just been added.  This makes the third filter to perform gradients on data sets (the other two being vtkGradientFilter and vtkCellDerivitives), and that does not include the filter designed to compute derivatives on image data.

Rather than add yet another filter to perform basically the same operation, could we have some effort at consolidating these filters?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov