[vtk-developers] widget cleanout ?

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Wed May 6 10:21:12 EDT 2009

John-

I think coming up with an obsolesce plan would be helpful. As far as I know
the widgets in the widgets directory should all work, and if they don't they
should be made to. I agree there are duplicates, and we should plan a phase
out in a responsible manner.

I cannot comment on ParaView :-)

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 10:03 AM, John Biddiscombe <biddisco at cscs.ch> wrote:

> There seem to be a lot of old vs new style widgets, widgetRepresentations,
> that sort of thing.
>
> Does anyone ever plan on removing old style widgets and leaving only the
> new style ones?
>
> I ask because I am constantly looking in the wrong files and only realising
> later that I'm wasting my time.
>
> (The problem is exacerbated by the proliferation of highly confusing
> ProxyWidgetNonsenseRepresentationProxies and xml stuff in paraview which
> confuses me...)
>
> Just thinking out loud.
>
> JB
>
> --
> John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
> http://www.cscs.ch/
> CSCS, Swiss National Supercomputing Centre  | Tel:  +41 (91) 610.82.07
> Via Cantonale, 6928 Manno, Switzerland      | Fax:  +41 (91) 610.82.82

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.
28 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065