[vtk-developers] Update temporal pipeline in Java

Gerrick Bivins gbivins at objectreservoir.com
Wed Jun 17 14:46:56 EDT 2009

Hi All,
I have a temporal pipeline setup and I¹m able to sequentially display the
timesteps. Works great.
Next I¹d like to do the following:
1. Allow user interaction via interactor while the pipeline is updating
2. Allow user to interrupt (or pause) at a specific time step
I have the framework setup so that I can update the temporal pipeline
separately from the graphics BUT to update the graphics, I need to trigger a
render.
>From what I¹ve ³googled², Render updates have to happen in a single thread
so I¹m not sure how to do what I want. Is it possible?
Gerrick