[vtk-developers] Bug in vtkImageReader2.vtk

L.J. van Ruijven L.J.vanRuijven at amc.uva.nl
Mon Jun 15 02:21:42 EDT 2009

Hi All,

I am writing a reader for .AIM files (Any IMage files from SCANCO Medical AG). My reader is derived from vtkImageReader2, and every time when FileLowerLeft was zero my program crashed. The current code on lines 687-689 (in the method SeekFile) is:

    streamStart = streamStart +
      (this->DataExtent[3] - this->DataExtent[2] - j) *
      this->DataIncrements[1];

When I changed it into

    streamStart = streamStart +
      (this->DataExtent[3] - j) *
      this->DataIncrements[1];

my program worked as expected. Now I am not sure about the specification of this method but I believe the last statement also makes more sense.

I cannot change the source code. So, can anybody repair this bug?

regards,
Leo