[vtk-developers] Current CVS compile error: vtkMath.h and 'legacy remove'

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Mon Jan 5 06:37:32 EST 2009

It was fixed in rev 1.121 of VTK/Common/vtkMath.

But, later on, in rev 1.122, by trying to fix a cygwin compile error,
Philippe introduced a new error by moving the new RadiansFromDegrees
method and others in the #ifndef VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE / #endif section .

It is now fixed in rev 1.123:

http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Common/vtkMath.h?r1=1.122&r2=1.123

On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Sean McBride <sean at rogue-research.com> wrote:
> On 12/8/08 6:48 PM, Francois Bertel said:
>
>>Fixed:
>>http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Filtering/vtkAMRBox.cxx?
>>r1=1.5&r2=1.6
>>
>>I recompiled VTK with VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE=ON. I have no more errors.
>
> It seems there are more errors with the current CVS:
>
> Linking CXX shared library ../bin/libvtkCommon.dylib
> Undefined symbols:
>  "vtkMath::RadiansFromDegrees(double)", referenced from:
>      vtkTransformConcatenation::Rotate(double, double, double,
> double)in vtkAbstractTransform.cxx.o
>      vtkPerspectiveTransform::Stereo(double, double)in
> vtkPerspectiveTransform.cxx.o
>      vtkPerspectiveTransform::Perspective(double, double, double,
> double)in vtkPerspectiveTransform.cxx.o
>  "vtkMath::DegreesFromRadians(double)", referenced from:
>      vtkTransform::GetOrientationWXYZ(double*) in vtkTransform.cxx.o
>      vtkTransform::GetOrientation(double*, vtkMatrix4x4*) in
> vtkTransform.cxx.o
>      vtkTransform::GetOrientation(double*, vtkMatrix4x4*) in
> vtkTransform.cxx.o
>      vtkTransform::GetOrientation(double*, vtkMatrix4x4*) in
> vtkTransform.cxx.o
> ld: symbol(s) not found

1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive