[vtk-developers] 2D API, canvas API and other 2D features in VTK

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Sat Dec 19 20:28:28 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Gerrick Bivins <gbivins at objectreservoir.com
> wrote:

> This is very exciting to see!
> I haven't had a chance to check it out yet but does the Charts API get
> "wrapped" (Java,Python etc)?
>
> The new classes are being wrapped, and I tested that the bindings at least
compile for Python, Java and Tcl. That being said I have not tried to use
the classes from a wrapped language, nor have I written any tests. I will
see if I can put together a Python test in the near future as that is the
wrapped language I am most familiar with.

I will be writing more about this as I get features committed. I was very
pleased on Friday afternoon to have panning and zooming working in the
ParaView chart pane using this work. Once I track down a memory leak and
finish off the settings proxies I will commit my work in ParaView too.

Marcus