[vtk-developers] Adding ComputeArea() to vtkTriangle

David Doria daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:54:36 EST 2009

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 10:51 AM, Mathieu Malaterre <
mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi David,
>
>  I do not have a strong opinion on this particular case.
>  However here is a couple of thoughts, I have from my modest
> understanding of VTK.
>  1. I would really separate source/sink from filter. You are writing a
> partial filter (aka algorithm) in a data object.
>  2. You are duplicating (possibly) code from vtkMeshQuality.
>
> 2cts
> -Mathieu

1) I'm not sure I follow. Isn't vtkTriangle an "object", not a "source" or
"filter"?
2) That is likely the case and that is exactly my point here -
vtkMeshQuality (or anything else) should not have to implement this code, it
should just be able to call ComputeArea() on a triangle object.

Thanks,

David