[vtk-developers] Adding ComputeArea() to vtkTriangle

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 10:51:08 EST 2009

Hi David,

  I do not have a strong opinion on this particular case.
  However here is a couple of thoughts, I have from my modest
understanding of VTK.
 1. I would really separate source/sink from filter. You are writing a
partial filter (aka algorithm) in a data object.
 2. You are duplicating (possibly) code from vtkMeshQuality.

2cts
-Mathieu

On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 2:05 PM, David Doria <daviddoria+vtk at gmail.com> wrote:
> Would there be any complaints if I add this function?
> // Compute the area of the triangle.
> double ComputeArea();
> //----------------------------------------------------------------------------
> double vtkTriangle::ComputeArea()
> {
>   double p0[3];
>   double p1[3];
>   double p2[3];
>   this->GetPoints()->GetPoint(0, p0);
>   this->GetPoints()->GetPoint(1, p1);
>   this->GetPoints()->GetPoint(2, p2);
>   return vtkTriangle::TriangleArea(p0, p1, p2);
> }
> Thanks,
>
> David

Mathieu