[vtk-developers] VTK Examples don't build properly on Mac, CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES issue

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Wed Dec 16 17:14:40 EST 2009

Hi all,

I committed this change, and it does fix the problem of building a non-
default architecture.  But building still fails if I'm building multi-
arch (ie Universal Binary).  Now it says:

[100%] Generating ../VTKExamples
Internal cmake changing into directory: /Volumes/Leopard/Users/sean/
kitware/VTK-clean-bin/Examples/All
Error: cmake execution failed
CMake Error: The source directory "/Volumes/Leopard/Users/sean/kitware/
VTK-clean-bin/Examples/All/x86_64" does not exist.
Specify --help for usage, or press the help button on the CMake GUI.

make[2]: *** [VTKExamples] Error 1
make[1]: *** [Examples/CMakeFiles/VTKExamplesTarget.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

It is correct that the dir does not exist.

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Sean