[vtk-developers] VTK 5-4-0 compatibility

Darren Weber darren.weber.lists at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 18:46:17 EDT 2009

When building dynamic libs for VTK-5-4-0 on OSX, the library compatibility
options are set as:

-compatibility_version 5.4.0 -current_version 5.4.0

Is that right?  The current wiki page on API changes (
http://www.vtk.org/Wiki/VTK_FAQ#Changes_to_the_VTK_API) indicates no changes
from 5.2.x to 5.4.x - that may be true or we need an update to the wiki.  If
it is true, can we set the dylib compatibility to something like:

-compatibility_version 5.2.1 -current_version 5.4.0

How are these compatibility settings specified on the CMAKE command line?  I
don't see any way to do it there - is it only possible to set them in
CMakeLists.txt files?  If the latter, where are they set in VTK?

Thanks, Darren