[vtk-developers] Error during build VTK 5.4 with java-wrappers

ThomasObenaus thomaso at eas.iis.fraunhofer.de
Fri Apr 3 10:43:56 EDT 2009

Hello,

during the compilation of VTK 5.4.0 for Ubuntu 8.10 I get the following
Error:

vtk54/Wrapping/Java/TestVTKCanvas.java:23: error: AxesActor cannot be
resolved to a type
AxesActor aa = new AxesActor(renWin.GetRenderer());

In my opinion its seems there is an error in one of the makefiles (don't
know which one). This error occurs during the compilation of target
VTKJavaJar. The call that fails is:
cd /home/thomaso/Desktop/vtk54Compiled_Ubuntu_8.10/Wrapping/Java &&
/usr/bin/javac -classpath
/home/thomaso/Desktop/vtk54Compiled_Ubuntu_8.10/bin/vtk.jar -sourcepath
/home/thomaso/Desktop/vtk54/Wrapping/Java -d
/home/thomaso/Desktop/vtk54Compiled_Ubuntu_8.10/Wrapping/Java
/home/thomaso/Desktop/vtk54/Wrapping/Java/TestVTKCanvas.java

The problem is that the classpath is incomplete. The folder that
contains the missing AxesActor.class is missing at the given classpath.
After adding
/home/thomaso/Desktop/vtk54Compiled_Ubuntu_8.10/Wrapping/Java to the
mentioned call above the error dissapeared.

But I think the makefile creating this call should be modified accordingly.

Thomas.

--
Dipl.-Medieninf. Thomas Obenaus

Fraunhofer-Institut fuer Integrierte Schaltungen
Institutsteil Entwurfsautomatisierung
Zeunerstr. 38
D-01069 Dresden

Tel.: +49 (0) 351 4640 781