[vtk-developers] Issue with recent bug fix and other tests

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Mon Oct 6 15:17:20 EDT 2008

Prabhu Ramachandran wrote:

> This is related to changing the range of the LUT in the
> vtkScalarsToColorsPainter.  I think that in this case these images need
> to be replaced since the bug I've fixed is doing the right thing by
> eliminating hard-to-debug side effects on a shared LUT.  I haven't
> created the above test images so would appreciate any suggestions on
> what to do.  If I undo my patch, the test case I added fails miserably
> if not these two fail.

François Bertel pointed out off-list that I was violating the mapper API:

   // Control whether the mapper sets the lookuptable range based on its
   // own ScalarRange, or whether it will use the LookupTable ScalarRange
   // regardless of it's own setting. By default the Mapper is allowed
to set
   // the LookupTable range, but users who are sharing LookupTables between
   // mappers/actors will probably wish to force the mapper to use the
   // LookupTable unchanged.
   vtkSetMacro(UseLookupTableScalarRange,int);
   vtkGetMacro(UseLookupTableScalarRange,int);
   vtkBooleanMacro(UseLookupTableScalarRange,int);

So I've undone the Range related changes and will check that in shortly.
  This will fix Kenneth's  bug and the bug I saw and not break any other
tests.  Thanks and sorry for the noise.

cheers,
prabhu