[vtk-developers] Issue with recent bug fix and other tests

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Mon Oct 6 15:01:41 EDT 2008

Hi,

I recently fixed a couple of bugs in vtkMapper and
vtkScalarsToColorsPainter where the code was changing the Alpha and
Range ivars of the LUT without resetting them correctly.  This fixes
some strange rendering problems.  However it has broken

TestTranslucentLUTTextureAlphaBlending and
TestTranslucentLUTTextureDepthPeeling

http://www.cdash.org/CDash/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=190077

This is related to changing the range of the LUT in the
vtkScalarsToColorsPainter.  I think that in this case these images need
to be replaced since the bug I've fixed is doing the right thing by
eliminating hard-to-debug side effects on a shared LUT.  I haven't
created the above test images so would appreciate any suggestions on
what to do.  If I undo my patch, the test case I added fails miserably
if not these two fail.

cheers,
--
Prabhu Ramachandran                 http://www.aero.iitb.ac.in/~prabhu