[vtk-developers] VTK 5.2

Will Schroeder will.schroeder at kitware.com
Thu Jun 19 15:37:59 EDT 2008

Prabhu-

As far as I can tell with a brief look, the length is not used to indicate
initialized or not. It's just expected that the slider length is non-zero. I
think changing the clamp macro min value to 0.001 would work fine, or
changing the initial value in vtkSliderRepresentation2D to 0.01 would also
work.

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 3:27 PM, Prabhu Ramachandran <prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in>
wrote:

> David Cole wrote:
>
>> Hello VTK developers,
>>
>> Yesterday I merged in a handful of changes to the VTK-5-2 branch. Is there
>> anything else anybody knows about that should be merged to the VTK-5-2
>> branch before we build a 5.2.0 release...? Any changes made to CVS HEAD
>> since April 28 when the branch was created that should be merged over?
>>

> I have one minor issue.  vtkSliderRepresentation has a SliderLength ivar
> that is supposed to be in the range [0.01, 0.5].  However,
> vtkSliderRepresentation2D sets the default value in the constructor to
> 0.001.  I guess this is sometimes used to specify that the object is
> "uninitialized".  I don't like this.  If this is the case why not define an
> "Initialized" ivar that is turned on or off.  If an attribute is supposed to
> be between a specified set of bounds, I certainly expect that the default
> value to be in that range!  Can someone please comment? Can this be changed
> before the release?  Thanks.
>
> prabhu

William J. Schroeder, PhD
Kitware, Inc.