[vtk-developers] VTK 5.2

Prabhu Ramachandran prabhu at aero.iitb.ac.in
Thu Jun 19 15:27:15 EDT 2008

David Cole wrote:
> Hello VTK developers,
>
> Yesterday I merged in a handful of changes to the VTK-5-2 branch. Is
> there anything else anybody knows about that should be merged to the
> VTK-5-2 branch before we build a 5.2.0 release...? Any changes made to
> CVS HEAD since April 28 when the branch was created that should be
> merged over?

I have one minor issue.  vtkSliderRepresentation has a SliderLength ivar
that is supposed to be in the range [0.01, 0.5].  However,
vtkSliderRepresentation2D sets the default value in the constructor to
0.001.  I guess this is sometimes used to specify that the object is
"uninitialized".  I don't like this.  If this is the case why not define
an "Initialized" ivar that is turned on or off.  If an attribute is
supposed to be between a specified set of bounds, I certainly expect
that the default value to be in that range!  Can someone please comment?
Can this be changed before the release?  Thanks.

prabhu