[vtk-developers] duplication between vtkTextActor3D::UpdateImageActor and vtkFreeTypeUtilities::PrepareImageData

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 3 12:28:07 EDT 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 1:08 PM, Charl Botha <c.p.botha at tudelft.nl> wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Will Schroeder
> <will.schroeder at kitware.com> wrote:
>> I believe I have been bitten by this bug before. I'm in favor of this change
>> if it doesn't damage the dashboard.
>
> Okay, I'm going to give it a shot in the next few hours.  The
> end-result should be a much simplified vtkTextActor3D.

Fixed and checked in.  The code is miles simpler and still seems to
generate the same results.  I've also added a GetBoundingBox() call
and tested everything on Windows and Linux.

My next problem is the texture clipping on the left side.  See the
test images for example:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/Baseline/Rendering/TestTextActor3DAlphaBlending.png?root=VTKData

The 0 on the left is clipped with a vertical edge.  Somewhere inside
of vtkFreeTypeUtilities things need to be offset to account for the
freetype anti-aliasing (I think).  Does anyone have any tips on this
issue?

Thanks,
Charl