[vtk-developers] duplication between vtkTextActor3D::UpdateImageActor and vtkFreeTypeUtilities::PrepareImageData

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Tue Jun 3 07:08:54 EDT 2008

Hi there Will,

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 11:50 AM, Will Schroeder
<will.schroeder at kitware.com> wrote:
> I believe I have been bitten by this bug before. I'm in favor of this change
> if it doesn't damage the dashboard.

Okay, I'm going to give it a shot in the next few hours.  The
end-result should be a much simplified vtkTextActor3D.

As an aside, I would also like to expose a way to get the physical
bounds of the rendered text to be used for sizing purposes.  This will
be a simple call that thunks through to the underlying
vtkFU::GetBounds().

Thanks again,
Charl