[vtk-developers] Multiple calls to vtkMPIController Initialize/Finalize causes a crash

Nathan Fabian ndfabia at sandia.gov
Tue Jul 15 14:24:44 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm calling the MPIController::Initialize as (0,0,1), externally initialized
because I'm connecting to simulation code.  The simulation code creates and
destroys my class at least twice which causes me to call the
Initialize/Finalize multiple times.  There is, I think, a bug in the
finalize that doesn't clean up all the way.

It is resolved by the following patch, which allows the various "if
WorldCommunicator = 0" checks in Initialize to work properly.

RCS file: /cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Parallel/vtkMPIController.cxx,v
retrieving revision 1.23
diff -r1.23 vtkMPIController.cxx
162a163
>     vtkMPICommunicator::WorldCommunicator = 0;

Could someone please add this line?

Thanks,
Nathan.