[vtk-developers] Unreferenced Tcl tests that are nonetheless still in CVS

Francois Bertel francois.bertel at kitware.com
Tue Jul 15 12:13:22 EDT 2008

You can get right of Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestZSweep.tcl: this is a
left-over from a move of classes from Rendering to VolumeRendering.
And the test has been renamed as TestPTZSweep.tcl in VolumeRendering.

For Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestWindowToImageTransparency.tcl, I think
you should ask Ken Martin:

cvs log CMakeLists.txt gives:
----------------------------
revision 1.57
date: 2005-07-13 15:04:19 -0400;  author: martink;  state: Exp;  lines: +0 -1;
BUG: remove test until Mike has a chance to resolve it
----------------------------
revision 1.56
date: 2005-07-06 15:30:29 -0400;  author: halazar;  state: Exp;  lines: +1 -0;
ENH: Added TestWindowToImageTransparency.tcl test.
----------------------------

It looks like the following tests have been moved and translated into cxx tests:

Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestHomogeneousRayIntegration.tcl
Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestLinearRayIntegration.tcl
Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestPartialPreIntegration.tcl

VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/HomogeneousRayIntegration.cxx
VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/LinearRayIntegration.cxx
VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/PartialPreIntegration.cxx

and Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestPreIntegration.tcl seems to have been split into:

VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/PreIntegrationIncremental.cxx
VolumeRendering/Testing/Cxx/PreIntegrationNonIncremental.cxx

Can Ken Morland or Lisa confirm this?

2008/7/15 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> Last chance... One developer has expressed interest in possibly keeping the
> Graphics tests. Any takers on the Rendering ones? If not, tomorrow, they're
> gone...
>

> Thx,
> Dave
>

> On Thu, Jul 10, 2008 at 2:03 PM, David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>> If you want any of these to stay, please speak up. Unless I hear a "keep
>> it" from somebody for each file, I will be removing it from CVS.
>>
>> The following tcl tests are unreferenced in any CMakeLists.txt files even
>> though most run without error (if you try them manually...)
>> Graphics/Testing/Tcl/cursor2D.tcl
>> Graphics/Testing/Tcl/testQuadricDecimation.tcl
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestHomogeneousRayIntegration.tcl
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestLinearRayIntegration.tcl
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestPartialPreIntegration.tcl
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestPreIntegration.tcl
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestTextActor3D.tcl
>>   # TestTextActor3D.tcl does *not* run, gives vtkTkRenderWidget errors
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestWindowToImageTransparency.tcl
>> Rendering/Testing/Tcl/TestZSweep.tcl
>>
>> Are they simply leftovers?
>> Can they all be removed?
>> Should any stay, be activated and have Baseline images added to VTKData?
>>
>> Again: If you want any of these to stay, please speak up. Unless I hear a
>> "keep it" from somebody for each file, I will be removing it from CVS.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> David Cole

François Bertel, PhD | Kitware Inc. Suite 204
1 (518) 371 3971 x113 | 28 Corporate Drive