[vtk-developers] Issue with Modifieds in vtkInformation*Key

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Jul 10 17:40:41 EDT 2008

I have discovered that just about every time you call vtkInformation::Set, the vtkInformation object is Modified even when the actual value of the key stays the same.  That should not be the case, should it?  All of the vtkSet* macros avoid calling Modified if the value does not really change.  The problem is that I see in ParaView there are several instances of observes attached to information objects designed to push updated values from client to server.

Does anyone object to me changing the vtkInformation*Key::Set methods to suppress calling Modified when the value remains the same?

-Ken

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov