[vtk-developers] nonlinear cell types

David Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Wed Jan 9 17:45:59 EST 2008

Soeren Gebbert wrote:
> there are several patches pending in the vtk bug tracker related to
> the new cell types
> and some new cubic cells.
Hi Soeren,

I've looked at the patches (bugs #5466, 5467, 5477) that fix the
tessellation of the vtkBiQuadraticXXX cells already in VTK and have
permission from Berk to apply the fixes; I'll check them in soon.

As for new cell types, I haven't seen any patches in the VTK bug tracker
that add new types. Are there any issues beyond the 3 above? (Note: as I
understand things, Kitware doesn't want to add new cell types right now,
so I'm not volunteering to commit those patches if there are any. I
would like to look at them, though.)

    David