[vtk-developers] CreateRepeatingTimer and X11/Tk

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Aug 12 16:19:17 EDT 2008

I will try to get this one fixed tomorrow.

Would anybody object to re-factoring the vtkXRenderWindowTclInteractor class
(re-parent it from vtkXRenderWindowInteractor) such that it inherits its
common functionality and then has just overrides that are specific to
Tcl/Tk...?

I don't think it should break backwards compatibility for most people,
although I could certainly imagine a class derived from it that may squawk
for one reason or another by having its parent chain changed...

I think the intent of both classes was to have the same code except for the
differences due to making tcl calls from the TclInteractor method
implementations. However, over time, they have diverged and had different
bug fixes applied to one that should have been applied to both.

Is the fix for this bug simply to re-inherit vtkXRenderWindowTclInteractor
or would that upset any of you....??

Thanks for any feedback,
David Cole
Kitware, Inc.