[vtk-developers] CreateRepeatingTimer and X11/Tk

Peter Wainwright prw at ceiriog.eclipse.co.uk
Sat Aug 9 12:59:46 EDT 2008

On all recent CVS versions of VTK, I have been unable to run this
example

  http://www.ceiriog.eclipse.co.uk/vtktut6.tcl

Its just a simple use of vtkRenderWindowInteractor.  But when I click in
the window I am unable to rotate the model and I get the error message:

ERROR: In /home/prw/src/VTK-20080806/Rendering/vtkInteractorStyle.cxx,
line 392
vtkInteractorStyleJoystickCamera (0x9543c0): Timer start failed

This seems to relate to the bug http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=3164,
which apparently has not been touched for almost 2 years.  It seems to
affect the X11 implementation only.  Is anyone working on this?

Peter Wainwright