[vtk-developers] patch for vtkInteractorStyle.cxx

Chris Kruszynski Chris.Kruszynski at cwi.nl
Thu Aug 7 10:31:35 EDT 2008

Perhaps nobody ever uses timers in vtk, but this is something that has
been bugging me for quite some time and I decided to fix it:
vtkInteractorStyle and it's subclasses ignore the TimerId of a
TimerEvent and will respond to any TimerEvent from the interactor even
if it's not for the timer that they had set.

If you set a second timer on the interactor, and the timer goes off,
vtkInteractorStyle will invoke OnTimer(). This is most noticeable if you
set a quick repeating timer, and set the interactor style to trackball
camera: if you press the left mouse button in the render window, the
interactor will start rotating just like with the joystick camera style,
while your mouse movements have still the same effect corresponding to
the trackball camera style.

This is a one-liner, but I am not sure if it breaks anything (probably
doesn't?).

regards,

Chris