[vtk-developers] setting AbortFlag from Python impossible?

Charl Botha c.p.botha at tudelft.nl
Thu Sep 20 15:01:53 EDT 2007

Hi there Berk,

On 9/20/07, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com> wrote:
> Oops. My bad. It was the progress that I couldn't get because it is
> send in the call data, which the python function does not have access
> to. I shouldn't be writing e-mails before 7am in the morning I guess
> :-)

As an aside, have a look in vtkPythonUtil, I added a way for CallData
to be passed along to a Python observer.  At the moment, I've only
made it possible for strings, but the system is there for other types.
 It comes down to adding an attribute to the observer specifying the
desired type of the CallData.

For progress however, you can get the object that was observed and
just do GetProgress()....

Thanks for looking at this,
Charl