[vtk-developers] VTK 5.1.0 refresh problem

Valeria Gallo g_luigi at fastwebnet.it
Thu Sep 20 06:49:05 EDT 2007

Hi,

I'm using the latest 'unstable' release of VTK (5.1.0) in order to develop a
tool able to generate 3d models from dicom images and to view them in stereo
mode.

The problem: when I have two windows opened (one is the 2d viewer, the other
is the 3d viewer) in the 3d viewer I correctly visualize a surface rendered
model in stereo mode (CrystalEyes, active stereo mode converted to the
passive one by using a nVidia Quadro FX3500 graphics card), but if I switch
on the other window (keeping the 3d viewer window opened in background) and
then I return on the 3d viewer window the model becomes partially black!

If on the 3d viewer I switch to the anaglyph stereo mode, and then again to
the CrystalEyes ones, the 3d model is probably recomputed and the black
spots disappear.

This problem doesn't happen if I use the last stable version of VTK (5.0.3),
but I need to use the new one.

Any suggestions?

Valeria