[vtk-developers] VTK CVS broken: vtkInformationExecutivePortVectorKey and vtkExecutive link error in Debug only

David C Thompson dcthomp at sandia.gov
Mon Oct 22 14:15:37 EDT 2007

> > Things appear to work now except for the mingw build:
> > http://www.vtk.org/Testing/Sites/dash14.kitware/Win32-mingw/20071022-0300-Nightly/BuildError.html
> > Does anyone familiar with ming recognize these errors?...
>
> Its because that is a *definition* line, not a *declaration* line.  It
> does not make sense to import a symbol you are defining.  I think you
> can just remove the export macros from the inline methods.  Since those
> are added by the type macro in the worst case you can replace the macro
> with explicit code.
I'll just fix the macro so there are no export macros in front of inline
methods... that way no one will have to wade through this again should
another class' implementation need to be split between libraries.

> We should also consider marking all the methods defined in
> Filtering/vtkInformation.cxx as legacy (and remove all calls to them in
> VTK).  Then we can remove them after the next release and get rid of
> this problem.
I will do that... I just wanted to get the first bit working before
adding complications.

	Thanks,
	David