[vtk-developers] Guidance needed fixing problems doing 64bit compile on Mac OS X

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Thu Jan 25 12:39:38 EST 2007

Hi all,

I have recently had a little time to work on 64-bit VTK for Mac OS X.

As of the current CVS, I can build VTK on 10.4 in 64-bit with the
following limited settings:

BUILD_EXAMPLES                   OFF
BUILD_SHARED_LIBS                OFF
VTK_USE_RENDERING                OFF
(to remove Carbon/Cocoa, which are unavailable)
BUILD_TESTING                    OFF
CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS                  -DDARWIN_NO_CARBON
(because otherwise freetype needs Carbon)
VTK_LEGACY_REMOVE                ON
VTK_WRAP_JAVA                    OFF

VTK_WRAP_PYTHON                  OFF

VTK_WRAP_TCL                     OFF

It's a start.  Next I'd like to get some tests working.  If I turn on
BUILD_TESTING I get this odd error:

[100%] Building CXX object IO/Testing/Cxx/CMakeFiles/IOCxxTests.dir/
TestDataObjectIO.o
/Users/sean/kitware/VTK-pristine/IO/Testing/Cxx/TestDataObjectIO.cxx:
13:34: error: vtkRandomGraphSource.h: No such file or directory

~/kitware/VTK-pristine/Infovis/vtkRandomGraphSource.h exists.

Why can't it be found?  Can I not use BUILD_TESTING without VTK_USE_RENDERING?

Thanks!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com