[vtk-developers] Possible mistake in /Examples/Build/vtkLocal/CMakeLists.txt

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Jan 8 12:36:24 EST 2007

Michael Scarpa wrote:
> Dear VTK developer community,
>
> I have come across what I believe to be a mistake in the CMakeLists.txt
> file for the vtkLocal example.  This regards the use of the "hints" file
> for the generation of wrappings in Tcl and Python.  Looking at the file
> in it's latest version (as found today in CVS), on line 136 the
> following statement is found:
>     SET(VTK_WRAP_HINTS "${PROJECT_SOURCE_DIR}/hints")
> This statement is located inside the IF(VTK_WRAP_JAVA) clause, and I
> believe this happens because before this, on line 134, the file
> ${VTK_CMAKE_DIR}/vtkWrapJava.cmake is included.  If I am not mistaken,
> including that file sets VTK_WRAP_HINTS to the "hints" file in the VTK
> source directory and must therefore be reset correctly after the inclusion.

Including vtkWrapJava.cmake does not touch VTK_WRAP_HINTS.  However the
variable is set to the VTK source hints file when you do
FIND_PACKAGE(VTK).  The bug in vtkLocal is that only the java wrapping
sets the variable at all.  Instead the variable should be set
unconditionally when VTK is found.  Setting it when no wrapping is on
does not hurt.  Here is a fix:

/cvsroot/VTK/VTK/Examples/Build/vtkLocal/CMakeLists.txt,v  <--
CMakeLists.txt

-Brad