[vtk-developers] Ensight fixes

John Biddiscombe biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Jan 8 09:44:27 EST 2007

I'm going to check in a couple of fixes to the Ensight readers.

The first is one I have been sitting on for a long time and was first
mentioned on this list here(ish)
http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/vtk-developers/2006-April/004161.html
When reading vertex (particle data) from Ensight files, Paraview uses a
1 based index offset for the ID's instead of 0 based and this causes
trouble ( a spurious coordinate is created with uninitialized x,y,z).
Because the fix could conceivably alter other vertex reads, I added an
optional flag SetParticleCoordinatesByIndex so that the old behaviour is
the default and the new is set manually.

Ensight Binary Gold reader cannot read files written by fortran code
because it does not take into account the extra bytes before and after
each array or data item holding the length. I've added a small fix which
allows fortran written files to be read.

If anyone has troubles with these fixes, please get get back to me

JB

--
John Biddiscombe,                            email:biddisco @ cscs.ch
http://www.cscs.ch/about/BJohn.php