[vtk-developers] TestOpacity failing on Mac dashboards and memory corruption

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Feb 5 13:01:42 EST 2007

On 2007-02-02 18:58, Francois Bertel said:

>At Kitware, I just updated krondor, midworld and dashmacmini2. Let's see
>how it goes with the nightly dashboard tomorrow for the malloc stuff on
>midworld.

You mean you ran Apple's Software Update, right?  In any case, whatever
you did seems to have had no effect. :(

BTW, I've filed bug #4402 against cmake suggesting that it check for
"malloc: ***  Deallocation of a pointer not malloced" and fail any test
where that appears.

>For iMac with an ATI Radeon X1600 and driver version 2.0 ATI-1.4.40, I
>now force skipping depth peeling and always use alpha blending instead:
>
>http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Rendering/
>vtkOpenGLRenderer.cxx.diff?cvsroot=VTK&r1=1.61&r2=1.62

Thanks!  I have filed <rdar://4975997> with Apple as this appears to be
a driver bug.

>In general, to know the GPU of a dashboard machine, it is useful to look
>at the output of test LoadOpenGLExtension.

Thanks for this tip!

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com